Some domain names can be purchased via monthly instalments. This is how these work:
- You can choose how many months you want to pay over, for example 6 months.
- You are quoted a fixed price for each instalment.
- You pay for the first month’s instalment via debit or credit card online.
- The domain name is held in escrow by Brandpa. You are now able to use the domain: for example, you can tell us to point the DNS to your website and email service. However you do not (yet) own the domain name.
- Each month the card you paid with will be automatically charged for your next instalment.
- When all of your instalments are paid for, Brandpa will transfer ownership of the domain to you.
- If you fail to keep up with your payments the domain will be returned to its original owner. You will lose use of the domain, and will not be refunded any of what you have paid.
Instalments can help make a domain more affordable, but please be careful to keep up with your payments.
Using a domain
You can use the domain by updating where the website and email for that domain points to (the DNS records). You will do this via a Brandpa representative, and not directly, as the domain will not be owned by you until you pay for it completely.
Handling missed and late payments
Brandpa will automatically charge your card a month after your first payment. We understand that sometimes a payment can fail for reasons you don’t control, such as an expiring credit card.
If a payment does fail Brandpa will notify you automatically via email. You will be asked to update your payment method and we will try to charge you again at least twice.
If you do not complete payment within two weeks of your due date your instalments will be cancelled and you will lose the domain.
You are responsible for ensuring that the email address you provide is checked for emails from Brandpa. We highly recommend that you mark emails from Brandpa as not spam, so that your email software doesn’t decide to block emails from us.
Domain renewal fees
Brandpa covers the cost of any domain renewal fees during the period where you are paying instalments.
If you wish, at any time, you can choose to pay off the outstanding balance for your domain name to own it sooner. There is no extra charge for doing this.
You may cancel your instalments at any time, but you are not entitled to any refunds for any payments already made for that domain.